Friday, November 3, 2023

What Happened to Israel? What’s Next?

Given the World's situation in Israel and Gaza today, we will examine what the Bible says about Israel in Romans 9-11. Lon Solomon presents an excellent sermon and teaching on what will ultimately happen regarding Israel.

Sermon Notes:

Matthew 23:37 

“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 

Matthew 23:38-39

See! Your house is left to you desolate; for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”

Romans 9:25-26

As He says also in Hosea: “I will call them My people, who were not My people,And her beloved, who was not beloved. And it shall come to pass in the place where it was said to them,‘You are not My people,’There they shall be called sons of the living God.”

Zechariah 12:10

And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn.

Zechariah 13:8

And it shall come to pass in all the land,”Says the Lord,“That two-thirds in it shall be cut off and die, but one-third shall be left in it:

Zechariah 13:9a

I will bring the one-third through the fire,Will refine them as silver is refined,And test them as gold is tested.

Zechariah 13:9b

They will call on My name, and I will answer them.I will say, ‘This is My people’;And each one will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’ ”

Zechariah 14:8a

And in that day it shall be that living waters shall flow from Jerusalem, 

Zechariah 14:9 

And the Lord shall be King over all the earth. In that day it shall be—The Lord is one, and His name one.

Zechariah 14:16a

And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, 

Zechariah 14:20 

In that day “HOLINESS TO THE LORD” shall be engraved on the bells of the horses.

Romans 11:1a

I say then, has God cast away His people?  Certainly not! 

Romans 11:25

For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 

Romans 11:26-27

And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: “The Deliverer will come out of Zion,And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob; For this is My covenant with them,When I take away their sins.”

Romans 11:28-29

Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

Romans 11:1-2

I say then, has God cast away His people? 

Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying, 

Romans 11:3-4 

“Lord, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life”? But what does the divine response say to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 

Romans 11:5-6

Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

1. As a nation, they are opposed to the gospel but they are beloved and honored by the Father’s irrevocable promises. 

2. The third that survives the war at the end of the age will be restored to Christ at the end of the age. 

3. As individuals, the majority of the jewish nation will be opposed the gospel. But, there will remain a remnant of Jews who know Christ.

Romans 10:1-2

Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved. For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 

Romans 10:3 

For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. 

Romans 10:20-21

But Isaiah is very bold and says: “I was found by those who did not seek Me; I was made manifest to those who did not ask for Me. But to Israel he says: “All day long I have stretched out My hands io a disobedient and contrary people.”

You can learn more about Lon Solomon's Ministry at: https://lonsolomonministries.com/

charles.l.jewell.jr@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Legacy of Rahab

The account of Rahab, prominently featured in the Book of Joshua, has long intrigued scholars, theologians, and believers alike. She is most...